Thursday 9th April
1st Night pre tour accommodation is included
At All Stars Inn on Bealey
263 Bealey Avenue
Phone:+64 3 3666 007
Friday 10th April
Christchurch to Fox Glacier
- Pick up All Stars Inn on Bealey.
Today is a long bus day through some great scenery, but it does give us a chance to meet everyone on our trip and of course our mascot - an inflatable sheep (we must decide on her name too). We will be stopping every hour or so for photo stops and taking a lunch break. The tiny township of Fox Glacier is our destination tonight and we'll arrive in time to explore a little.
Saturday 11th April
Fox Glacier to Wanaka
Meals: Lunch & Dinner9.00am
- The long trip will be worth it as you awake. Today is Glacier day.
The mighty Fox Glacier is the largest and longest of the magnificent West Coast glaciers. It actually ends in temperate rainforest only 12km from the sea! Today we jump aboard our helicopter and soar to the top of Fox Glacier. Take in the majesty of the longest West Coast Glacier from high above before landing our helicopter in the snowfield at the top for the most stunning scenery and that perfect photo. We'll see the transition from rainforest to ice as we fly to the glacier. You'll hear the glacier creak and moan as it continually moves - maybe even the horrifying sounds of pieces breaking off in the distance. After landing and walking on the glacier we'll descend down to Fox village. After a short break we will take a walk down to the lake in search of glow worms. Tonight we'll recount our stories while having drinks and relaxing in the lake side town of Wanaka.
Sunday 12st April
Wanaka to Queenstown
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner8.00am
- Board the bus as we head for Queenstown .If you still need more action - why not take on some more adventure activities - This afternoon is an Optional activity day for you to undertake optional activities. We suggest falling out of plane from 14,000 ft over magnificent scenery . Your extreme guide will assist you in signing on for the activities as we travel south to the adventure capital of the world, Queenstown. We will meet that evening for a group dinner and later we can experience the nightlife Queenstown is known for.
Monday 13nd April
Queenstown Adrenaline Day 1
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner8.00am
- Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world. Today we'll start by catching the canyons of the Shotover River by jet boat at high speed through the Shotover's Gorges. The Shotover Jet will have you missing rock walls by centimetres while travelling at around 100 km/h all in the safety of a small tin boat. Of course it's safe. Then it's time to jump in a bus for a hair raising ride back through the canyon . We get dropped off up the river and there's only one way out... white-water rafting out of the canyon completes our first Queenstown day! After all this you'll need a beer and in Queenstown it's not hard to find.
Tuesday 14rd April
Queenstown Adrenaline Day 2
Meals: Breakfast 9.00am
- Make sure you bring your courage along this morning as we'll Bungy jump over Queenstown. of course it's safe. The Bungy jump is out on a ledge on top of a mountain. You'll get up to the jump and then hurl yourself off the platform. This afternoon we'll take the gondola high above Queenstown and do battle on the luge track. Our entire group will race on this fun course through pine trees and hay bales. Another crazy day in this great town. An old fashioned Queenstown pub crawl will settle the nerves first stop is the famous Queenstown ice bar!! It's then on to five more bars to complete the bar crawl.
Wednesday 15th April
Queenstown Free Day
Meals: BreakfastSleep In
- If you still need more action see your tour guide about what's on offer today. Queenstown is the adventure capital of the world so there is no shortage of things for you to do today. If you are in need of some rest use this day to recover and prepare for tonight's nocturnal activities.
Thursday 16th April
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
A fairly early start for the drive into Milford Sound. Once there jump on board the boat for a couple of hours cruising beneath the towering peaks. Grand, brooding, serene and wild, Milford Sound draws visitors from all over the globe to cruise its length ? and wonder. Luxuriant rain forest clings to sheer rock walls washed with waterfalls. In the foreground stands Mitre Peak, a majestic presence dominating the skyline. You'll see amazing waterfalls, and feel humbled by the shear size of this wonder. If you're lucky some seals might even poke their heads out of the water to say hi...It's easy to see why this is one of the top attractions in New Zealand.
We head tonight to Te Anau for tonight's accommodation.
Friday 17th April
Glow Worm Caves
Meals:Lunch & Dinner
This morning you explore by path and small boat, your senses will be overwhelmed. Observe how the rushing water sculpts the rock formations, before gliding through silent darkness to the glowworm grotto. The delicate incandescence of thousands of tiny glowworms is a magical sight
In the afternoon we'll head Back to Queenstown for our Group BBQ and last Party night in the adventure capital of the world ... Queenstown.
Saturday 18th April
Queenstown to Christchurch
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch8.00am
- Today we embark on the final leg of the journey, so when we pack up the bus we'll be saying our final farewells to Queenstown. We head north through McKenzie Country and alpine lakes across the Canterbury Plains before arriving at the Farm for our eagerly anticipated sheep shearing display , home cooked meal and farm experiance. Christchurch is our final night - recounting the stories and swapping addresses we'll visit a number of popular Christchurch watering holes.
The nights accommodation is included!
Sunday 19th April
Check out this morning!
Check out is at 10am. Our accommodation is approximately 40 minutes from Christchurch Airport and shuttle buses operate daily.