• Spring Break: So That's What A Sheep Is For. BOND
• To: South Island New Zealand
• 7Days / 7 Nights
Thursday 29th November
Pre tour night accommodation included at
All STARS INN
Address: 263 Bealey Ave, Edgeware, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Phone:+64 3-366 6007
Please make your own way from the airport to your accommodation.
Friday 30th November
Christchurch to Fox Glacier
- Pick up at All Stars Inn Christchurch.
Today is a long bus ride through some great scenery, but it does give us a chance to meet everyone on our trip and of course our mascot - an inflatable sheep (we must decide on her name too). We will stop along the way for some photos and dinner break. The tiny township of Fox Glacier is our destination tonight .
Saturday 1st December
Fox Glacier to Queenstown
Today is Glacier day.
The mighty Fox Glacier is the largest and longest of the magnificent West Coast glaciers. It actually ends in temperate rainforest only 12km from the sea!9.00am
- The long trip will be worth it as you awake. Today is Glacier day.
The mighty Fox Glacier is the largest and longest of the magnificent West Coast glaciers. It actually ends in temperate rainforest only 12km from the sea! Today we jump aboard our helicopter and soar to the top of Fox Glacier. Take in the majesty of the longest West Coast Glacier from high above before landing our helicopter in the snowfield at the top for the most stunning scenery and that perfect photo. We'll see the transition from rainforest to ice as we fly to the glacier. You'll hear the glacier creak and moan as it continually moves - maybe even the horrifying sounds of pieces breaking off in the distance. After landing and walking on the glacier we'll descend down to Fox village jump back on the bus and head to Queenstown. Tonight we'll recount our stories while having drinks and exploring the nightlife Queenstown is famous for.
Sunday 2nd December
Adrenaline Day 1
Meals: Breakfast , Dinner9.00am
- Make sure you bring your courage along this morning as we'll take on the Ledge Bungy jump high over Queenstown). Of course it's safe. You'll take a small Gondola to the top of the mountain out and then hurl yourself off the platform. This afternoon we'll battle on the luge track. Our entire group will race on this fun course through pine trees and hay bales. Another crazy day in this great town, followed by an old fashioned Queenstown pub crawl will settle the nerves.Tonight we have a few drinks followed by a visit to the famous Queenstown ice bar!! It's then on to five more bars to complete the bar crawl.
Monday 3rd December
Adrenaline Day 2
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner8.00am
- Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world. Today we'll start by catching the canyons of the Shotover River by jet boat at high speed through the Shotover's Gorges. The Shotover Jet will have you missing rock walls by centimetres while travelling at around 100 km/h all in the safety of a small tin boat. Of course it's safe. Then it's time to jump in a bus for a hair raising ride back through the canyon . We get dropped off up the river and there's only one way out... white-water rafting out of the canyon completes our first Queenstown day! After all this you'll need a beer and in Queenstown it's not hard to find.
Tuesday 4th December
Queenstown to Wanaka
Meals:Breakfast, Lunch , DinnerSleep In
- If you still need more action - why not take on some more adventure activities - today is a free day for you to undertake optional activities. We suggest falling out of plane from 14,000 ft over magnificent scenery or taking a Birdseye view of the whole area aboard a Hanglider. Your extreme guide will assist you in signing on for the activities you'd like to try. So you have the chance to do it all again or just use this recovery day to relax around town. Now its off to the beautiful lake side town of Wanaka where we will have a group dinner and explore Wanakas nocturnal activities.
Wednesday 5th December
- Today we embark on the final leg of the journey, so when we pack up the bus we'll be saying our farewells to Wanaka. After all the excitement its time to kick back and relax. Today we will sit back and relax in the Lake Tekapo hot springs surrounded by breathtaking mountains and a great view of lake Tekapo. We head north through McKenzie Country and alpine lakes across the Canterbury Plains before arriving at the Farm for our eagerly anticipated sheep shearing display home cooked lunch and farm experience. Christchurch is our final destination today , After 7 epic days the tour must end and our flight home awaits.
Thursday 6th December
Christchurch to Airport
Early start today and final farewells to New Zealand.
Bus Shuttle to Christchurch Airport. 11.00am